Thursday, April 27, 2023

Sibyl In The Golden Cage

Sibyl In The Golden Cage
© Surazeus
2023 04 27

If lonely Sibyl in the golden cage 
can teach me how to control mental rage 
then I can sail with Odysseus back home 
to Lazulum where the antelope roam, 
and marry Sibyl in bright temple hall 
before I read the writing on the wall. 

Waiting for Lucifer at the crossroads 
in timeless twilight of the singing toads, 
I chat with Sibyl about politics 
of Cleopatra on the River Styx, 
till he arrives in fast shiny red car 
and buys my soul for electric guitar. 

So I free Sibyl with the Demon Key 
who wears costume as Princess Liberty 
while we tour the States sea to shining sea 
to sing about Land of the Brave and Free 
who rise with courage to fight tyranny 
since we must work to build democracy. 

Stoned in Cave of Illusions on mushrooms, 
Sibyl and I explore bizarro rooms 
to find fantastic truths in cosmic zones, 
encoded as riddles on angel bones, 
then walk the misty beach in evening glow 
to investigate beauty of the snow. 

Holding up the heroic warrior skull, 
Sibyl grins, Achilles is beautiful 
forever in Heaven of social memory 
because he dies young in pursuit of glory 
with desperate anguish of his angry pride 
which priests preach to justify genocide. 

Meanwhile the clever Odysseus, she sneers, 
scarred by anguish from fighting many years, 
brings home terrible bitterness of hate 
that nothing he does can change his dire fate, 
wrecking death and damage on everyone 
to reclaim his palace in Babylon. 

Refusing to play role of the mad seer, 
though I still wear gemless crown of King Lear, 
I flee with Sibyl on the signless road 
to find holy grail of computer code 
that fakes artificial intelligence 
so I can prophesy with eloquence. 

When Sibyl bears kind children of my heart, 
I map history of Earth on the star chart, 
then go on pilgrimage from Avalon 
to visit my mom in the Parthenon 
where I play Apollo on temple stage 
about wise sage who overcomes his rage. 


No comments:

Post a Comment