Thursday, October 5, 2017

Where Old Spirits Abide

Where Old Spirits Abide
© Surazeus
2017 10 05

Sun shimmers through the leaves of distant trees
who whisper secrets I forgot through breeze
of tense despair in flutter of their leaves
since everyone knows why the widow grieves.

I walk somewhere on seven beams of light
to fly beyond the bounding wall of sight
and touch the atoms that vibrate inside
our flashing cells where old spirits abide.

I hear the birds in trees discuss my fate
how I attempt to transfer chords of hate
on trembling stairs of hope to higher plane
so I can sing with you in kissing rain.

But when that bullet splattered out your brain
I heard your scream halfway across the world
and try to stand tall as the Earth is hurled
through empty void that swallows my full heart.

I walk alone on every road in town
to map Cartesian grid of aching hope
but I must follow our crucified clown
who guides my way with mountain-climbing rope.

I paint the names blank from every street sign,
then perch on bridge to drink this glass of wine,
tasting blood in remembrance of my friend
and husband, now a mute ghost in my mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment