Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Fallen King Of Somewhere

Fallen King Of Somewhere
© Surazeus
2017 10 30

The silver river flowing through snowed field
beckons me to walk toward gold glowing sky
that shimmers aching sorrow through the trees
who whisper words my mother spoke to me
before the animating soul of life
vanished from her eyes that reflect the moon.

I limp on wounded feet that leave blood stains
shining in the dirty white snow of hope,
cracking bones stabbed by rays of freezing fear,
forward against blustering wind of amusement
that pierces me with frozen rays of light
and beams before my eyes lost memories.

Once I reigned in grand temple paved with gold,
sitting on high throne above loyal crowd
of worshippers who brought me gifts of jewels
because my father, wielding sword of justice,
saved our great nation from invading hordes,
but I ignored cries of the poor for food.

How high above this world on ziggurat
of divine power, wearing gold crown of truth,
I once stood and waved tall scepter of wisdom
to keep watch over labyrinth of homes
where powerful men ignored all my edicts
and exploited people for their own gain.

They rose in rebellion and, while I lounged
in warm luxurious hall, feasting on wealth
produced by the blistered hands of mute slaves,
they stormed the ziggurat with instruments
of death, and demanded I answer well
charges that I allowed people to starve.

Enclosed in shining walls of palace cage,
I reigned over illusion in my mind
that all the world under sway of my laws
prospered in peaceful production of goods,
but my ministers deceived me with lies
while honest people were killed by cruel thieves.

They shouted at my face that I allowed
ministers I appointed to maintain
order of peaceful production in factories
while looting treasuries of hard-earned wealth
and enslaving people against their will
to accumulate wealth from their hard labor.

Because I failed to control ministers
who abused the people for their own gain
the people blame me with just cause of rage
as responsible for causing their suffering,
so I hurled scepter to clatter down stairs,
and I threw gold crown of jewels in the river.

Descending from high ziggurat of power,
I walked through silent crowd of raging eyes
to follow winding path of penitence
into the shrieking wilderness of sorrow
where I sit silent on the stone of truth
and watch the river flowing through my soul.

I become the bird chirping in the tree,
and I become the apple hanging heavy
in the boundless sky of dissolved desire,
and I become the wind that whispers codes,
and I become the labyrinth of dreams
where lost souls carve their names on wind-blown dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment