Lake Of Dreamless Eyes © Surazeus 2026 10 03 When I find myself at the huge blank wall where shadow of my soul mocks my vain pride, I open window into nothingness and watch one hundred thousand years of wars when angry men transform to humming trees where children of their enemies play games. The house is quiet and the world is calm but I am not the book of ancient gods because nameless ghosts rise from writhing words and dance around me in the summer night so I invent strange truth from what I see and write their stories no one ever reads. How many human faces I have seen on endless journey through vast maze of towns that takes me through the mystery of faith long hidden behind numbered doors of homes where strangers hide their secrets inside books that angels burn before they break the world. My house hangs from the pendulum of doom that shakes with throbbing of remembered rain though I lose treasure of strange memories that lead me to the shadowed woods of time where voices of the people I still love echo too faintly in receding mist. I find their names with letters of bright blood fast fading from old books of glimmering leaves because wild throbbing of my heart inspires fearful rebellion against tyranny so I dance by the lake of metal flame with radiant laughter of deceptive fame. Though I go back and search my tangled dream to find the beacon of our anguished pride lit by aggressive anger of desire, I kneel beside the lake of dreamless eyes which casts mercurial gleam on my glass face so I become the demon I fear most. I hear wild song of ravens after storm who gather on electric wires of thought to translate noise of brains that buzz with rage to solemn hymn uniting wounded hearts in global nation of objective faith that helps us navigate our maze of myths. Awakened by the shouts of jostling flowers that toss my body to the humorous moon, I surf the flashing tides of global change which carry me to land of burning fruit where we hold hands and gaze at timeless stars that spell our fortune we choose to create.
Surazeus Astarius Συράζευς Αστάριος. Cartographer. Epic Poet. Hermead epic poem about Philosophers 126,680 lines of blank verse. http://tinyurl.com/AstarianScriptures
Translate
Saturday, October 3, 2026
Lake Of Dreamless Eyes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Orpheus gathers fragments of lost stories from books torn by teeth of angels and assembles them into puzzle that presents inspirational myths of one new world religion.
ReplyDelete