Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Who I Have Become Today

Who I Have Become Today
© Surazeus
2022 02 01

If I could evade death another day 
to walk in shadow of your light, I will 
decide how far down signless road of hope 
I can leap through strange swirls of rain to find 
hidden cave where you are the reborn soul 
who knows my secret name, so I love you. 

I write new letter to you every day 
to express vision of life we could live 
together by the apple tree of love, 
yet before I can mail them to your heart 
they turn into ravens and fly away, 
taking my love for you into the sky. 

Each time I walk through grove of apple trees 
to visit your home by the sparkling lake 
I pause in shadow of desire, alone 
with aching sorrow of wind, mute as snow 
that translates sunlight into fear of death, 
then run away before our play begins. 

Every day I wake from dream of the flower 
I feel like someone else I could not be 
so I steal my name from grave of the dead 
to play their role in theater of faith 
till I vanish in shadow of myself 
and become someone else after I die. 

I am never the same person I was 
the day before I wake in awe of time 
because the sun keeps spinning in the sky, 
so I sit by the sparkling lake of dreams 
and wonder who I have become today, 
then live their life as if I cannot die. 

Yet when I pause in door of some strange house 
to look at the face I must wear today, 
who smiles at me from mirror of desire, 
I see the stranger I must name, then face 
strangers who walk past me in crowded streets, 
so I become each person I perceive. 

I am so many other people I 
forget the original self I am 
which emanates from faceless stone of truth 
on which I carve the first name of my soul 
I gave myself ten thousand years ago 
since I keep waking up as someone else. 

Though I evade death with every rebirth 
as stranger who evolves from my first self 
I speak the ancient name of wind and rain 
to redefine that self I want to play, 
then laugh when I realize I am still me, 
for I will love you, whoever you are. 


No comments:

Post a Comment