Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Calligraphy Of Blood

Calligraphy Of Blood
© Surazeus
2022 02 08

Encoded through calligraphy of blood, 
my memories explode from conceptual seeds 
to bloom as melons from foul rotting muck, 
and spread bright angel wings of crystal eyes, 
then soar swift as hawk of my hungry heart 
through fertile camouflage of happy faith. 

When hordes of zombies rise from tomb of Christ 
to swarm in gangs invading paradise 
I pull Excalibur from Stone of Scone 
to fight the vampire king in castle tower, 
who beats Rapunzel with hard fist of rage, 
to save her from cold prison of his lust. 

Holding her hand with desperate hope of trust, 
I lead Rapunzel through the howling crowd 
to flee the castle court of golden mirrors, 
escaping tyranny in blasting rain 
through maze of masks to wilderness of wind 
so we can hide in cavern of illusions. 

Safe in mountain haven of our true love, 
Rapunzel weeps in shadow of despair 
as I clean her wounds with tears of sad hope, 
then give her Holy Grail with apple cider, 
so she drinks deep compassion of my heart 
that heals her broken heart with tender words. 

When dawn glitters through leaves of tall trees 
we walk together on the river shore, 
laughing with pleasure of our secret love 
as we rejoice in victory of our courage 
that we endured oppression of the king 
who kidnapped my bride on our wedding day. 

Face glowing with joy in the gold sunlight, 
Rapunzel gazes at me with sweet peace, 
then smiles with aching beauty of desire 
as we eat pears and make love among flowers 
to savor pleasure of togetherness, 
safe from greedy lust of the castle king. 

Sharp arrow pierces me with shock of pain, 
so I fight horde of soldiers with my sword, 
hacking them to death as they stab my soul, 
but as I tremble on my knees in rage 
when the king grabs Rapunzel in his arms 
I lunge forward and stab him in the heart. 

Cradling my wounded body in her arms, 
Rapunzel calls my name with blinding tears, 
begging me to stay by her side forever, 
so I smile and caress her rose-red cheek 
sad that she will be alone in this world, 
then vanish in calligraphy of blood. 


No comments:

Post a Comment