Saturday, February 5, 2022

While Angels Howl

While Angels Howl
© Surazeus
2022 02 05

Aloft on fragile wings of schadenfreude 
I query angels of the pious clouds 
for how to play seditious games of truth 
which measure infrangible words of light 
based on obsequious love for prestige 
despite my gasconade on the world stage. 

Steadfast on treeless hill of arrogance 
I meditate with guidance of brute wind 
through moral pulchritude of honest hope 
while tyrants in the castle gormandize 
conceptual visions bleeding from our eyes 
still inimical to the fustian seer. 

Shielded by process of the rigmarole 
I battle blind angels with flaming swords 
who abjure loyalty to the mad king 
commensurate with shocked experience 
earned by draconian laws of amity 
restored by treaty with the jovial god. 

Feigned wisdom of the regnant patriot 
I dare present with moxie of the fool 
contaminates cool fountain of the queen 
who lounges by the pool of skeletons 
to read gossip in the morning gazette 
while angels howl in hurricanes of love. 

Awake with divine consciousness of fear 
I navigate valley of death at noon 
to map safe way around slough of despond 
where children of lost angels chase rainbows 
till they stop by the never-open door 
to prove they are trapped in the maze of myths. 

Annoyed by riddles of the portolan 
I wander weeping on beach of wrecked ships 
to find thalassic angel without arms 
who clutches treasure map of paradise 
stained red by tears of sorrow I conceal 
as crippled child of the funambulist. 

Inspired by graceful beauty of Ceres 
I stab moist Earth with razor angel wings 
through fractured mirror of cerulean eyes 
to analyze effects of primal cause 
revealed through art of cereology 
which prophesies reign of the chanticleer. 

Masked blank by ever-changing face of fate 
I play celestial role of wingless angel 
fallen by the tower where Rapunzel sings 
with logomachy of the merry fae 
still aching to return to Avalon 
after my gasconade on the world stage. 


No comments:

Post a Comment