Sunday, July 22, 2018

Word-Drunk Magician

Word-Drunk Magician
© Surazeus
2018 07 22

When Truth flies at me with razor-sharp claws
to rip out my eyes and feast on my heart
I dance on clever leaps of arrogance
to quick evade the hunger of its rage.

When Lies have confiscated keys of laws,
demanding I redraw deceptive chart,
I search trash heaps of time for evidence
I am first son of the beautiful sage.

When gang of boys with rocks and sticks approach,
demanding I accept their chief as Lord,
I play the clumsy fool to make them laugh
so they throw nuts at me I catch and eat.

When I get hired as the baseball team coach,
I show boys how to wield the magic wand
and hit the ball far that explodes on impact
in revolution to crown myself king.

Though you walk in the sand ten thousand years,
which burned your skin black to protect your soul,
watch out for the pale ghost from mountain snow
who escapes iron chains of slavery.

Though you walk in the snow ten thousand years,
which blanched your skin white to protect your soul,
watch out for the dark ghost from desert sand
who escapes iron chains of slavery.

We fight each other from heart-numbing fears
till we realize all humans are one whole,
so we talk to each other and clasp hands,
then join forces to fight for liberty.

When we kill each other our wives weep tears
and orphaned children sink in misery hole,
so we work together on stolen lands,
united in hunger through poverty.

All races of Earth in America
blend together in one new global tribe,
dedicated to liberty and justice
as we fight to sustain democracy.

From ancient books of esoterica
we study mysteries of our universe
to develop efficient moral compass
and overcome lies of theocracy.

I stare at the eye of the television
to dream the history of man fighting wars
over who plays god on the temple throne
though they all crumble away into dust.

I transform into the word-drunk magician
who leaps on wings through infinity doors
to become the maiden, mother, and crone,
reincarnating our souls through pure lust.

1 comment:

  1. Evading the Truth
    Bob Dylan
    Chronicles, Volume One

    “Truth was the last thing on my mind,
    and even if there was such a thing,
    I didn't want it in my house.
    Oedipus went looking for the truth
    and when he found it, it ruined him.
    It was a cruel horror of a joke.
    So much for the truth.
    I was gonna talk out of both sides
    of my mouth and what you heard
    depended on which side you were standing.
    If I ever did stumble on any truth,
    I was gonna sit on it and keep it down.”

    ReplyDelete