Monday, July 23, 2018

Transcend Hope For Death

Transcend Hope For Death
© Surazeus
2018 07 23

Wherever they wander, ghosts of the dead,
they leave their memories behind in the wind
transformed into nameless sorrow of light
that plants photosynthesize into love.

I tried to raise my child the best I could
but some nameless sorrow struck at her heart
so where she once was spritely full of life
she now lies floating in pool of despair.

I still remember sparkles in her eyes
when she explained something she learned to me
but now that spirit recedes deep inside,
like some caterpillar wrapped in its cocoon.

Will she emerge from sorrow of despair
transformed into confident butterfly
who dances swift across the flowers of life
to brew new joy that will sustain her heart?

Wherever they wander, ghosts of the living,
they leave their sorrows behind in the rain
that soaks receptive soil of my sad heart
which activates seeds of hope to grow wild.

I know that sorrow glowing in her eyes
for I too felt it when I was her age
so I am confident she will transform
to transcend hope for death with her new self.

No comments:

Post a Comment