Saturday, May 12, 2018

Ode To Our Dead

Ode To Our Dead
© Surazeus
2018 05 12

We hide each other from the flame of war
to spiral on star wings from our silent bones
so running through the endless open door
we leap beyond the spirit of the stones.

We find each other on the ocean shore,
together dancing in the wind of light
with music radiating from Earth core
that rainbows high our souls on star-swift flight.

The flashing beams of Heaven wake my soul
so I climb apple tree to kiss your heart
then we become pure flash of the White Whole
and map the universe on our life chart.

The wizards and the witches of the flute
appear on stage before the cheering crowd
to sing the wisdom of the binding root
that nourishes the tree of the storm cloud.

Descending from his palace in the sky,
the God of Thunder hurls bright lightning bolt
that beams our evolution in my eye
when I first befriended the prancing colt.

Though airplanes bombed our cities into dust
we built new empire with the shining tower
so I doubt God is real who steals my trust
and realize nothing is real but the flower.

Emerging from the shadow cave of dreams,
I wave the Wand of Zambor to express
enchanting vision of the shining stream
that might reveal the Secret of Success.

Though twin gangsters wear Crown of Charlemagne
and build temples for Ozymandias
I watch apple trees sprout from thirsty rain
inside walled garden of Lucretius.

The precious ring of gold glows on my head
where two emeralds gleam brighter than my eyes
but I admit that I will soon be dead
and my atoms spiral wild in the skies.

I sleep at night behind library wall
and sing weird visions to the silent night
how I was the wandering druid of Gaul
who invented Runes so we all could write.

Each time the riddle of my magic spell
reveals the fabric of our universe
I leave my spirit in the singing well
to map the mirror where dead souls traverse.

We break from walls of paradise to dance
on trail of skulls where our ancestors tread
so when she sings they listen in a trance,
amazed at how she sings Ode to our Dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment