Friday, August 18, 2017

Statue Of God


Statue Of God
© Surazeus
2017 08 18

When the sun shoots arrows of Cupid straight
through the hearts of nameless people who seek
the secret of love in the leaves of trees,
we gather at midnight in city square
and invent new hymn to praise Liberty.

All my dead ancestors follow my steps
like black smoke from a burning car that hurls
heedless of signs on the highway to Hell
where Hecate holds mirror to my face
that reveals how my ancestors survived
ten thousand years of empires and wars.

We are engaged in a new civil war
in endless cycle of battle for truth
where we must fight to defend Liberty
against selfish tyrants of slavery
for every whole human being to live free
by treating other people with respect
in daily course of our lives to create
statue of God on pyramid of eyes.

I walk cold city streets without a job
to stand before stores in long ragged coat
and sing riddles disguised as prophecies
that reveal how warriors of Liberty
will always defeat the nationalists
who attempt to exploit people for profit
so everyone enjoys fruits of their labor.

They whisper in my mind what they would do,
my ancestors who hover by my head,
and weave visions of faces on white clouds
who play strange roles in dramas my mind conjures
so when I watch living people perform
actions that hide their most secret desires
I see ancient myths of dead gods reborn.

Can I rewrite the script of lusting hope
my ancestors programmed into my brain
and change my fate that their actions defined
to revise assembling farmers and builders
into armies of screaming men with swords
then storm the castles of rapists and thieves
who crowned themselves kings appointed by god?

Every religion in history of mankind
elevates their founder as noble god
who united their dreams in single purpose
to kill or be killed in war for survival,
then builds their temples on skulls of the vanquished
whose blood nourishes the flowers of peace.

Build a statue of sand to honor me
because I am a nobody who failed
to brand my name on the hearts of my people
who wander scattered far across the globe
so when they gather on the river shore
at sunset to share in the feast of sorrows
they will sing hymns to the crucified fool.

I stand in the soft grass of my lush lawn,
frozen at the moment of my long life
when I was blinded by epiphany
that revealed the tale of humanity
fighting for the purpose of liberty
against the vile practice of slavery
embodied in the statue of one person
whose name replicates our bodies of flesh
that tingles with lust to regenerate
eternal soul in children of our hearts.

I stand before the statue of my father,
wearing the gold mask molded from his fame,
and feel the flame of hope burning my heart
to transcend the legend of his great deeds,
so I may journey beyond the stone walls
he erected from skulls of fallen tyrants
and build my own secret garden of fruit
where my children rebel against my rule.

Embodied within this statue of God
I see the faces of all my ancestors
who killed people so people may live free
and carved basic rules on tablets of stone
to control the script of our social play,
so I film the actions of ancient kings
and present their lives in movies we watch
that flicker forever on temple walls
till new generations smash all our idols
and erect new statues of their own heroes.

I am no statue of marble or brass
who stands blind and mute in the public park
to symbolize drama of history
but I will fight to defend Liberty
of every good human being to live free.

1 comment: