Thursday, August 31, 2017

Battle For Heaven

Battle For Heaven
© Surazeus
2017 08 30

Athelwulf stands before the silent crowd,
gripping long sharp sword as he stares in eyes
that shimmer with fear behind haven walls.

"I would make myself king of all the world
by chopping off the heads of haughty fools
who refuse to obey my stern command,
but I prefer to inspire loyal love
so you obey me with a willing heart
as we unite together in one mind
to maintain peace and insure honest justice.
Instead of many disunited clans
who contend over rights to fertile lands,
one kingdom of all nations bound by love
should flourish on our island in the mist.
Accept me as more than just martial king
who leads you to defend our families
in battle for heaven where we live free,
and trust the honest judgment of my law
to deal with equal justice toward all men,
so look up to me as father of all
who organizes actions of each person
in crafty cooperation of work
as we build better garden in stone walls
where our children play free among fruit trees.
To achieve this goal of united lands
we must grip sword and shield with steady hands
and fight together against enemies,
willing to die to insure that our nation
survives many generations to come.
Now follow me with bold hearts to offend
thieves and slavers who attack our safe haven."

Athelwulf raises his sword to the sky
and the warriors roar as they charge forward
and fight till every man lies on the Earth,
blood of their hearts soaking the thirsty soil.
Young children play chase among blooming flowers
where their skulls crumble to dust in the wind.

2 comments: