Saturday, August 26, 2017

Ring Of Hyacinth

Ring Of Hyacinth
© Surazeus
2017 08 26

Though all the world is trembling with war
and public squares echo with arguments
about who can claim rights to benefit
from privileged access to power and wealth
I walk alone the wordless river shore
and converse with the wind about the truth.

Though revolutions are started by youth
who assemble gangs to break down the door
to temples where treasure chests preserve health
the chess game cannot flow commensurate
with history invented in documents
that conceal in code the most ancient lore.

The mirror of your eyes reveals the dream
where we hold hands while following the thread
of secret facts through our dark labyrinth
to find our way back home to paradise
while escaping the world war that destroyed
our experiment in democracy.

I am the king of your theocracy
whose idol rises from the swirling void
because I invented the best devise
that conveys my love to dear Hyacinth
although she wears my ring since we were wed
that I found gleaming in the eyeless stream.

When the greedy tyrant steals the gold key
that leads to the tower room of thought control
take arms against wild sea of troubled plays
and rewrite their script with new prophecy
so everyone must play your new weird game
to win the prize that crumbles from their hand.

Though conflict rages across our free land
I must discover my new divine name
then lead lost souls to found this colony
where sunlight glimmers gold through evening haze
so I assume new angelical role
chanting hymns that worship our mother sea.

Since I now wear the ring of Hyacinth
that bestows on me supernatural powers
of enchanting brains with visions of truth
I find myself swimming against the tide
and always at odds with society
so I stand on the street and sing weird spells.

No wedding will happen with ringing bells
nor will children revel in gaiety
till Gaia returns as my honest bride
who will teach me to rule the world with ruth
since bees that pollinate fruit trees and flowers
support our whole empire with fertile plinth.

1 comment: