Thursday, August 24, 2017

Broken Radio Of Lucifer

Broken Radio Of Lucifer
© Surazeus
2017 08

Though we walk through numberless doors of hope,
clutching books that bubble dreams in our eyes,
we have to count keys and learn how to cope
while everyone we love suffers and dies.

I leave cracked flower pot on the window pane
and watch bees weave light through the morning mist
to laugh about memories lost in the rain,
having forgotten the last time we kissed.

The world shudders at stomp of angry feet
when people gather in parks to protest
arrogant man who proclaims himself king
even though he lost the ancient contest.

I leave my father and mother behind
in the ruins of old world view that crashed,
then build new castle of truth in my mind
but search in vain for the jewels they stashed.

I look in mirror at my aging face
and see kings who once ruled in castle towers,
but I build new world view on solid base
of science and reason hidden in flowers.

While stumbling through the labyrinth of my lust
I hurt both strangers and friends whom I love,
but no one yet died from misguided trust,
and every new day I seem to improve.

We spin dizzy on the merry-go-round
of social change, clutching at old world view,
but who can escape the cosmic fairground
where the weeping clown hides the treasure clue?

On the beach of visions, before sunrise,
I play chess with Death who gives me new name,
although each time I lose I grow more wise
and gain new mastery to play the power game.

Look deep in my eyes and you will perceive
gold snake on misty island in blue sea
who makes light and teaches me to believe
what my hands can touch and my eyes can see.

When I descend with gold Tablet of Truth
from Takoma, mountain where muses sing,
I reveal new world view forged by the sleuth
who explains the universe is One Ring.

No comments:

Post a Comment