Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Brightest In The Dark

Brightest In The Dark
© Surazeus
2024 02 27

Love we express shines brightest in the dark 
through trust we share as companions on quest 
to rescue people we love from despair, 
for united with purpose of strong care 
we channel passion from practice and rest 
that inspires our hearts with the sacred spark. 

If I could bend four elements of life 
to bloom from fertile soil tall fruitful trees, 
I would channel flaming fire of the sun 
to swirl with fluid water of the rain 
that fuse with ethereal air of the breeze, 
which conjures energy of love through strife. 

I observe how seeds from apples I eat, 
when buried in moist soil of loss through gain, 
sprout taller each day to reach for the sky 
with mingle of elements through my eye 
when heat of the sun and cool of the rain 
cause trees to blossom with nutritious treat. 

Though bombs of tyrants in towers of greed 
destroy our games of life in homes we built, 
blasting trees of gardens to twisted limbs, 
we gather in ruins to sing new hymns 
then search for lost memories buried in silt 
to regrow paradise with hopeful seed. 

Every time I feel the spirit of faith 
moving in my heart with voice of the light, 
I will stand tall by the indifferent sea 
to face fierce monster that dwells inside me 
with joy to transcend death in eager flight, 
and sing with passion of immortal wraith. 

Though I remain bound in my mortal shell, 
stuck on hard surface of this spinning globe, 
my spirit soars with birds on wings of hope 
far above my burned home on mountain slope, 
so I wrap my trembling body in robe 
of mad sorrow as I journey through Hell. 

Each wounded soul I find on signless road 
I comfort with strong arms and soothing tune, 
so we are not alone in wretched fears 
as we hold hands and wipe away our tears, 
then walk slowly forth by light of the moon 
to sea-side cave of the hypnotic toad. 

Though tyrants destroy our workshops and farms 
with grim plan to exterminate our souls, 
and erase our existence from this world, 
I wake from death-dream as the cosmic herald 
to assign our partners creative roles 
defeating tyranny with psychic charms. 


No comments:

Post a Comment