Friday, December 23, 2022

Busy City Maze

Busy City Maze
© Surazeus
2022 12 23

Tired of walking in busy city maze 
with nowhere to go and no one to meet, 
I lie down on the soft meridian grass 
that shimmers in the middle of the street 
between streams of cars speeding toward success 
so I can feel the heartbeat of the Earth. 

I float in contemplation of the sky 
that mirrors weird variable of my soul, 
yet feel thrumming vibration of machines 
from cars, factories, churches, and cafes 
swirl around me through waves of energy 
that carry me across the noisy sea. 

My ancestors for many generations 
operated castles as power points 
controlling markets where people sell goods 
they create in craft shops, ranches, and farms, 
but I want to play no part in their game 
generating wealth for the divine king. 

I sit all day on soft meridian grass, 
strumming guitar and singing ancient hymns 
that one one can hear from their rumbling cars, 
then I walk down to shore of the wild sea 
and listen to mindless song of the waves 
that mocks ambitions of humanity. 

Though I do not want to play mindless role 
in the global food-production machine, 
operated by class struggle for power 
between owners and workers over wealth 
conjured by credits in our bank accounts, 
I have no vision for some better way. 

My heart is burdened by anxiety 
as I wander listless in money maze 
where glamorous beauty of the cyberstar 
outshines plain passion of reality 
so I hide my real face with shining mask 
that beams charisma from computer screens. 

Not brave as Icarus soaring on fake wings, 
nor clever as Orpheus in dream cave, 
I stumble blindly toward my destiny 
caring not whether I succeed for fail, 
till I find myself stuck in paradise 
where God is awake in the human brain. 

As I meditate on meridian grass, 
ignoring fierce turmoil of politics 
between factions of humans blind with fear, 
I rise again and walk past busy stores 
to find treasure of truth in maze of myths, 
forever lost in busy city maze. 

No comments:

Post a Comment