Wednesday, November 15, 2017

My Brain Is Broken

My Brain Is Broken
© Surazeus
2017 11 14

While Bacchus and Zamba twang guitar strings
Apollo grips the microphone and howls
at the crowd of angels with broken wings
who dance in the nightclub of dreaming owls.

My brain is broken like the shattered glass
of schizophrenic gods who haunt the world,
so come and lie with me on dew-wet grass
where the ancient spirit of god is skirled.

I am so weird and far beyond insane
that I can hide my madness behind mask
which spirals galaxies inside my brain
to conjure riddles only demons ask.

I programmed well this body I possess
like robot who performs clear social role
as humble pawn in global game of chess
to mask dynamic lightning of my soul.

Though I am mad and dream beyond your walls
I follow blindly your religious rules
to win rich treasures in your maze of halls
while blending in with your obedient fools.

I glide in ballet steps through crowded rooms
while hiding storms of passion in my eyes
to smash the sterile mask of solemn tombs
with jesting riddles that resurrect spies.

I am so insane with visions of truth
that you think I am sane to play your game
but I am the secret-detecting sleuth
who knows the mystery behind your fake name.

I stand on stage of fame in flashing lights,
reciting strange conceptual verse in code
to twist your minds on wind-propelling kites,
while wandering nowhere on long nameless roads.

The lonely waifs with big eyes of despair,
who wander lost in ruins of bombed towns,
ask for money, not your self-righteous prayer,
and recite psalms in church with weeping clowns.

Each word I sing rewrites the universe
to program code of flashing molecules,
so we parade through Gotham in her hearse
while I wear Crown of Ishtar beaming jewels.

Each living woman is Goddess in flesh,
for she creates new life from glowing egg,
but leaves the lost messiah in the creche
who wanders bright streets of Heaven to beg.

The huge audience roars while Apollo sings,
stomping their feet to make the whole world shake,
but when he dons large pair of angel wings
he leaves Tree of Life guarded by his snake.

No comments:

Post a Comment