Sunday, November 12, 2017

Her Flashing Eyes

Her Flashing Eyes
© Surazeus
2017 11 11

I was born on the edge of the lost world
outside the golden walls of paradise,
nestled in the branches of the apple tree
where flower petals sing the light of stars.

I ran along the whispers of green leaves
to flap my arms like ravens of the clouds
but fell from the sky with eight broken wings
and crawled among the ruins of my dreams.

You cannot see beyond the golden mask
that conceals the festering sores of my face
when I stand before the pilgrims of time
on the rock of salvation to preach hope.

You gather in the cathedral of glass,
keeping the stones of judgment in your mouths,
while I enchant you for eternal life
with glamorous words the serpent revealed.

Now raise your hands to touch the glowing clouds
where you last saw me on the pyramid
when golden beams of light shown on my face
and you perceived the light of pretty lies.

Each word that beams from ancient book of faith
will lead you farther through the labyrinth
beyond the doors of perception to fields
where dancing skeletons welcome you home.

Together in the church of blinding walls
we sing the hymn of anguished faith to praise
the savior who never returned to Earth
while feasting on his flesh and blood at dawn.

When I was twelve years old with seven eyes
I stood in church in the small Texas town
and dreamed I reached the gates of Heaven last
and bribed my way into paradise lost.

Then Jesus, who was playing chess with God,
created one new planet just for me
where I could reign like Zeus on mountain top,
and strum tall lyre of gold in temple hall.

Each singing angel with long curling hair
while wearing white silk gown and crown of gems
will bear ten children from my shining seed
so I can populate my world with souls.

But when the singing in the church would cease
I walked outside in bright indifferent light
where silent cars glide swift on highway lanes
that loop around the garden of delight.

The winds of Eden stink from car exhaust
and sprawling factories, built from steel beams,
entomb lost paradise in asphalt roads
that lead to Purgatory of desire.

The secrets of eternal life of love,
encoded here in formulaic riddles,
no one will ever read because these words
lead fools astray in maze of obscure puzzles.

If I wear pretty mask of Singing Star
who sings about the drama of true love
with sweet enchanting voice of aching hope
would you then see the vision I reveal?

I traveled west ten thousand years on foot
to climb the mountain where my goddess dwells
who beamed her wordless soul inside my brain
and sent me chanting riddles in green rain.

Our spirit glows within eternal flame
that shimmers on the mountain of my mind
so I express my vision in the name
I wove from starlight of her flashing eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment