Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Simplicity Of Sunlight

Simplicity Of Sunlight
© Surazeus
2018 03 21

The simplicity of sunlight on dirt
explains without complex theology
that the universe is indifferent
to whether or not I exist, so I
write my name in the dust as the cool breeze
from the infinite sky of glowing light
erases it from the world chronicle.

I feel sunlight flicker on water waves
that pierce my soul with threads of Helium
forged by the sun that billows waves of light
which swirl into this sphere of surging soil
nourishing our bodies through natural flash
of chemicals spiraling into our brains
so I glow with pulsing atoms of love.

I see my reflection in flashing water
so I reach out and touch its gleaming surface
that ripples away across the vast sky
where the sun shimmers heat against my skin,
then stand and stretch my arms to touch the clouds,
and shout against the memory of cold night,
"I am Helios, son of the glowing sun."

Nothing but sunlight beating at my face
answers my anguished cry of self-awareness,
so I watch white clouds appear from the air
and spiral huge from cold buffeting wind,
and I dream particles of light and wind
flashing together in cool drops of rain
that drench the hills with beating of my heart.

I lift my face up to the flashing sky
and drink the rain drops falling from the sun
to feel its emanation fill my flesh
with urgent passion of delicious hope
that sparks visions of the First Flash of Light
expanding to spiral in galaxies
which shimmer in the cells of my wet flesh.

I dream creation of our universe
recorded in every drop of blue rain,
and though these mindless elements of force
swirl around me, indifferent to my life,
I feel their potent energies shock swift
to weave thick web of neurons in my brain
which mirrors network of vast galaxies.

Like footprints of birds on the sea beach sand,
I write the name and deeds of every soul
who ever woke from dream on spinning Earth
to record world chronicle before wind
of death erases memory of existence,
so I sing the visions of life I dream
in simplicity of sunlight on water.

No comments:

Post a Comment