Friday, January 19, 2018

Labyrinth Of Hope

Labyrinth Of Hope
© Surazeus
2018 01 19

I may walk ten thousand miles to explore
the cluttered continents of our huge world
beyond the secret of the numbered door
but I never have to leave the white room
to hear the heartbeat of electric doom
that echoes through the labyrinth of our dreams.

I leave the banquet halls of palaces,
mirrored with the portraits of noble men,
and walk the fields of war where soldiers lie
blasted by bombs and bullets in red mud
who watch me with their mute eyes of despair
descend on angel wings from empty sky.

I kneel beside the cold heart-broken streams
to wash the blood of warriors from my hands
and ask the ancient woman without eyes
how I can find my way to paradise
far beyond the stone walls of the citadel
where my father declares he rules the skies.

I build small house on singing river shore
in every lonely valley of the world
where every dawn I stand on shining rock
and whoosh the whirling wind with flowing hands
to send the vision of my chanting words
on wild indifferent wind of silent death.

I cuddle with my lover in tall grass
and we make love as sun sets beyond time
so all the twinkling stars may pierce our hearts
with aching passion to create the moon
that polishes our faces marble white
therefore we stand nameless long after death.

Our four children who sprang from our desire
walk four directions to explore the world
and populate lush valleys with offspring
who sing hymns to worship us as their gods
and carve new statues from our memories
then kill people who worship other gods.

I stare at my face in mirror of truth
and wonder why I am me with these eyes,
just one nameless soul on the spinning world
among billions of people alive now,
and centillions of people who have lived
in all the evolution of our kind.

They still dream in the coiled genes of my brain,
all those people who have lived on the Earth
since we become primates learning to talk
in fruit trees eighty million years ago,
and they dream through the functions of my mind,
guiding me through the labyrinth of hope.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment