Saturday, January 13, 2024

We Write New Chapter

We Write New Chapter
© Surazeus
2024 01 13

While searching library for ancient tales 
I find Anne Bradstreet in dim fairy glen 
who gives me writing quill of raven wing 
so I wander lost in ancestral vales 
to channel indifferent passion of zen 
in story code that children love to sing. 

As sunlight gleams through leaves of curious trees 
the little witch in black Puritan gown 
enchants my heart with weird hypnotic spell 
so I hear voices of the dead in breeze 
that swirls from star river where mad girls drown 
which leads me to the secret wizard well. 

Deep down in darkness of its shadowed light 
I see my face reflected in dark pool 
as mask revealing faces of the dead 
that my ancestors wore before their flight 
across the waste land of the laughing fool 
who pilfers visions from my dreamless head. 

Then one-eyed Anne teaches me how to write 
dream spells with runes Odin found in the well 
that translate dreams Taliesin saw in rain, 
so with Earendel in psychic flight 
I soar over Middle-Earth to expel 
tyrannic king from castle of the grain. 

Grasping my hand with ice-cold soul of faith, 
Anne leads me down through winding cave of ghosts 
to where Orpheus strums strings of his lyre 
and chants hypnotic tune to wake the wraith 
of Ophelia who writes names on signposts 
for roads that lead lost souls back to the shire. 

We journey home to land of daffodils 
where fairies dance in mists of Avalon 
hidden in woods behind car factories 
where Arthurian knights work to pay the bills 
because vast cities outshine Babylon 
where tyrants try to crush democracies. 

With rebellious spirit of Lucifer 
we rise from rubble of our bombed-out homes 
to follow banner of the cosmic herald 
through revolution against Jupiter 
foretold by prophecies in dusty tomes 
to form new global order of the world. 

We write new chapter in the human tale 
with every choice of action we perform 
to fight greedy tyrants of monarchy 
who think everything we make is for sale, 
then rise on Phoenix wings from martial storm 
to establish one-world democracy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment