Wednesday, July 10, 2019

No Heaven Above The Clouds

No Heaven Above The Clouds
© Surazeus
2019 07 10

My grandfather Bob Seamount was a tenor
in the Christian group Kings Heralds Quartet,
singing hymns about Jesus as World King
as they drove car on the road church to church
across the North American continent
for the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

Descended through eleven generations
from the Puritan Poet Anne Bradstreet,
Bob Seamount found Spirit of Poetry
shining as flame of wisdom in his mind,
so he joined choir of angels to sing hymns
in his quest for Heaven above the clouds.

Assembling in the broadcast studio
for the Voice of Prophecy radio program,
Bob and his friends in Kings Heralds Quartet
sang about King Jesus coming again
as Adventist families around the country
gathered in living rooms to sing along.

Learning techniques for recording their songs,
Bob produced records of performances,
snipping and assembling magnetic tape
to generate wax disks people could buy
and listen on players in living rooms
to sing along with his heavenly choir.

Flying airplanes high above our spinning world,
Bob traveled far with Kings Heralds Quartet
to distant countries around planet Earth
in South America, Africa, Europe,
and Asia, singing in Adventist churches
like angels from the clouds on silver wings.

Angelic messenger on silver wings,
Bob flew around the Earth to distant lands
in airplanes he refurbished with his hands
to Adventist missions around the world,
converting people to worship as God
long-dead king willing to die for his tribe.

When I was nine in Summer of Seventy-Four,
Bob brought me to white hangar in the field
at the small airport just north of Keene, Texas
where I watched him rebuild small white airplane,
then he took me soaring high among clouds
where no angels on clouds play harps and sing.

When I was twelve in Spring of Seventy-Seven,
after Bob died from brain cancer in Florida,
I attended his funeral in large Keene Church
where thousands of people gathered to mourn
death of the great Kings Heralds Quartet Singer,
who flew up toward Heaven on silver wings.

When I was nineteen in Spring of Eighty-Three,
I attended class on philosophy
at the Adventist Walla Walla College
where the wise British professor declared,
"God does not exist, for things that exist
stand out in defined bounds of time and space."

Startled, I sat up and listened more closely
as he explained, "However, we can say
God subsists, standing under all existence
as substance that forms all material things,"
so I envisioned God as molecules
that evolve into brains with consciousness.

"Plato describes Idea of defined objects
as eternal form that persists in Heaven
which is mental realm of our language code,
so though all existing trees are destroyed
yet Idea of Tree persists in Heaven
where God the Craftsman creates everything."

Descended through thirteen generations
from the Puritan Poet Anne Bradstreet,
I also found Spirit of Poetry
shining as flame of wisdom in my mind,
so I write epic of philosophers
in my quest for Heaven above the clouds.

Wielding guitar in Summer of Ninety-Three,
I hitchhiked from Seattle to Miami,
traveling town to town like folk troubadours
to sing about adventures of mankind,
lost angel singing to ghosts of the dead,
since I found no Heaven above the clouds.

No comments:

Post a Comment