Smiles Of Fractured Fantasy © Surazeus 2026 09 24 Startled by smiles of fractured fantasy, that strangers in the crowded streets of time beam at my heart with stark intensity, I ride ghost horse of swift perplexity to find the mad king on the windy plain who eats grass from cracked television screens. Unnerved by smiles of fractured fantasy, that devils dancing in cathedral halls disguise as hunger to deceive my heart, I wear mask Phoebus lost on road of eggs to raise grand army of ten thousand sons who build empire from sea to shining sea. Distressed by smiles of fractured fantasy, that angels screaming on huge hill of skulls forge from star stones that smash temples of gods, I transform from angel to iron man and soar to mountains of exploding plums where Adam and Eve laugh in soaking rain. Annoyed by smiles of fractured fantasy, that pastors tearing dreams from holy books plaster on crumbling walls of paradise, I play messiah on the tragic stage to save Rapunzel from the beauty pageant so she can work as nurse in bombed-out towns. Surprised by smiles of fractured fantasy, that vampires banging pianos of glass employ to trick brave farmers in the dell, I balance oscillation of despair with frantic ecstasy of weird insight on quest to challenge Death to game of chess. Dismayed by smiles of fractured fantasy, that zombies whispering prayers to Father God wear to conceal lust for psychotic brains, I find safe shelter in haven of tales where fairies teach my children how to sing dark spells that conjure angels from my heart. Alarmed by smiles of fractured fantasy, that painters smearing ghosts on factory walls present as answers to ills of our world, I wander vast halls of computer banks with lantern of lost hope Jesus sold me to woo Shepherdess with sincerity. Amused by smiles of fractured fantasy, that nurses healing wounded hearts with truth paste on our faces with fake dollar bills, I sing about these dark times we endure because this universe of glowing light remains indifferent to our suffering.
Surazeus Astarius Συράζευς Αστάριος. Cartographer. Epic Poet. Hermead epic poem about Philosophers 126,680 lines of blank verse. http://tinyurl.com/AstarianScriptures
Translate
Thursday, September 24, 2026
Smiles Of Fractured Fantasy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Orpheus sells masks with smiles of fractured fantasy from his small booth in the market that surrounds the ziggurat where Samshin rules over the market of ideas.
ReplyDelete