Translate

Monday, September 21, 2026

Mountain Of Divine Grace

Mountain Of Divine Grace
© Surazeus
2026 09 21

Reluctant to descend on signless road 
to misty underworld of faceless ghosts 
who whisper stories of their suffering, 
I linger at the twisted iron gate, 
and pluck at strings on broken lyre of truth 
while memorizing scenes of their disgrace. 

Purged by obsessive anguish of despair 
that writhes from wounded hearts of mortal souls, 
killed in ten thousand wars of thought control, 
I wander blithely down the signless road 
to cavern of illusions stuffed with souls 
who beg me to record their bitter lives. 

Heart numb from endless scream of suffering, 
I stare mute at their twisted souls of rage 
and try to understand their wordless howls, 
but they just blast past me as ocean wind 
that pierces to my bones with blades of ice, 
so I shiver with horror at bleak death. 

Bones stretched too rubber-taut in agony 
at unjust death of body-searing pain 
that billions of mortal humans endure, 
I swell into enormous cloud of rage 
that flashes with memories of harsh death 
till I condense to iron core of Earth. 

Up steep obstructing slope of bitterness, 
I struggle to assert each rage-weighed step 
of heavy horror oppressing my heart 
against blast of grim angelic contempt 
to climb massive mountain of divine grace 
in futile search for cleansing clemency. 

Alone without witty word-smith as guide, 
who could steer my faltering steps of fear 
safe through rage-tangled limbs of screaming trees, 
I stumble blindly toward the Promised Land 
that gleams too faintly in Tower of Hope 
for me to see its Flame of Liberty. 

Exhausted from my ten-million-year quest 
to seek salvation on the mountain top, 
I randomly arrive at peak of truth 
where I watch empires of men rise and fall 
countless centuries of wars to play God, 
laughing as I float up in empty sky. 

Bouncing against planets in timeless void, 
I flail wildly in erratic progress 
as I careen up nine celestial spheres 
to tumble awkwardly in Paradise 
where no Beatrice scolds me for my vice, 
so I sit by Tree of Knowledge and eat. 



1 comment:

  1. Orpheus finds Sariel under Tree of Knowledge so he gives him lyre of Mercury and teaches him how to play tunes while improvising spells that conjure visions of truth.

    ReplyDelete