Shriveled Orange Of Ennui © Surazeus 2026 08 02 I steal the shriveled orange of ennui to eat tormented pleasure of sweet Death who knows strange passions of my pulsing brain, filled with the writhing worms of humble pride, which helps me paint on canvas of my fate inspiring vision of this teeming world. That star-eyed alchemist of ennui transforms my captive soul with bitter faith from hungry wanderer across the land to blind bard singing grand heroic tales by plucking taut strings of my naive heart with rotten fruit of charming pulchritude. Soul vaporized by his hermetic art, I lavish vows of faith in crumbling fane, concealed by veil of spirit-tangled vines, to feed my tame remorse with pungent faith that I may yet evade sharp blade of Death who stalks my steps since dark hour of my birth. Intent on sacred mission to observe weird mysteries beneath dark ocean waves, I sail bold ship of curiosity between wild whirlpool and snake in the cave to sacrifice my faith I treasure most for swift ascension to the Promised Land. Though I am kinsman to the glowing clouds, I never scoff at archers who ask why I wear the wounded albatross of faith around my neck with penitential grace, yet they mock comical ineptitude revealed by clumsy strike at cliff of fear. Each morning when I wake from ennui of frantic dreams, refracted by cracked lens of my conceptual telescope, I ask my wretched muse if she knows secret code that would assist perception of my heart when I discern mad horror of world war. No wise god with englamored face of fame haunts visions of my fractured eyes at dawn through mask of my personal succubus who gives me ancient syllables of milk for me to drink blood of the harvest lord whose bones form foundation of my empire. I still live under vast and columned vaults, tinged with soft glow of television screens, where I sense mystic force of gasoline that fuels the piston engine of my heart so I chant sublime harmonies of hope to praise the splendid light of secret grief.
Surazeus Astarius Συράζευς Αστάριος. Cartographer. Epic Poet. Hermead epic poem about Philosophers 126,680 lines of blank verse. http://tinyurl.com/AstarianScriptures
Translate
Sunday, August 2, 2026
Shriveled Orange Of Ennui
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Orpheus hangs out with Baudelaire at the Crippled Pegasus Cafe to chat about the beautiful girl who sings heart-breaking melodies of hope.
ReplyDelete