Translate

Sunday, August 23, 2026

Court Of Mental Guilt

Court Of Mental Guilt
© Surazeus
2026 08 23

Not too sublime for engine of the car 
to allocate resources for rebirth 
when we, from gnarly trees emerge unscathed, 
prefer to play chess in the living room 
though planes drop bombs on houses somewhere near, 
for we are frail as flowers in mute fear. 

Concern for how far angels fall each day 
diverts attention of our daily prayers 
to fractured state of global politics 
which sparks new paradigms from social change 
when hordes of people clash in cyber war 
over whose world view describes the real world. 

No bells are heard in leafy neighborhoods 
from churches crowded on the summer day 
when devils wearing masks of holiness 
preach salvation only for those who pay 
tithes to the institution based on lies 
that we will resurrect from graves of muck. 

When Alice returns home from Wonderland 
she finds work at the Pegasus Cafe 
brewing coffee for officers and clowns 
who play their roles in court of mental guilt 
that keeps society functioning well 
in game of fame between lawyers and thieves. 

Too often children who chase butterflies 
get lost in lush hills of Arcadia 
that shimmers as the Otherworld of Faith 
behind facade of this real modern world 
where orcs in banks and elves in galleries 
compete for profit from the vampire god. 

As agent of Talamasca, I search 
dark alleyways for ghosts of ancient gods 
who walk this world in standard human form 
for we embody energies of myth 
composed of tropes that replay old soul wars, 
even when I buy beef sandwich and juice. 

Under old oak tree in the city park 
across the street from office where I work, 
I eat lunch with Bacchus and Icarus 
who ask if I want to participate 
in heist of treasure from museum hall 
where masks of gods hang on the blood-smeared wall. 

I just want to map history of mankind 
in quiet library where screaming ghosts 
attempt to set distorted records straight 
till words in books bleed into honey bees 
that swarm the crowded streets of everywhere 
with sublime hum of engine in the car. 



1 comment:

  1. Orpheus wears mask of the Deer God to find Cernunnos tending garden of gardenias at his home on shore of the Avon River where his children play.

    ReplyDelete