Translate

Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Liquid Eyes Of Faith

Liquid Eyes Of Faith
© Surazeus
2026 08 25

Since crystal network of my pulsing brain 
refracts strange dreams from strangers across town, 
I pluck taut strings of acoustic guitar 
and channel voice of our social zeitgeist 
in song of scrambled code to confiscate 
luminous phantom of national faith. 

High on the mountain ridge of fractured light, 
where Minerva was born from crystal brain 
of my desire to understand the world, 
I see blind ghost of Medusa appear 
in flurry of swan wings that scatters flakes 
of mirror-eyed snow in swirls of weird words. 

I want to think I understand this world, 
having assembled my ancestral dreams 
in coherent world view based on photographs 
arranged at random in forgotten books, 
so I ask the twin sisters of lost time 
if they can adjust the clock of my brain. 

Minerva gives me boots of dragon skin 
that protect my feet from sharp jagged rocks 
when I climb the mountain of broken idols 
to find the Holy Virgin of the Sea 
in huge cave where shadows of words distort 
how well my eyes perceive what is not real. 

Medusa gives me cape of brown-bear fur 
that comforts me against the searing blast 
of laughter from the nuclear bomb of fear 
when I chase butterfly of happiness 
through the corn field to the white country church 
where robots sing hymns to the telephone. 

On top the heart-shaped stone of solitude 
small statue of Minerva, forged with gold 
from crown of the last king cast from his throne, 
transforms into the woman with star eyes 
who gives me lyre of Mercury and winks, 
then goes to work as the hospital nurse. 

Inviting me to come and meditate 
with her on Mount Zion by the dream well, 
Medusa gives me liquid eyes of faith 
so I can see true essence of the mind 
which emanates from every human soul 
till I go blind from passion of the heart. 

Retracing path of life I never took, 
that winds through weird worlds of my multiverse, 
I find my soulmate on first world I left, 
still waiting for me at the kitchen table 
where she gives me meal that she cooked to eat, 
so we talk about the way water flows. 




1 comment:

  1. Orpheus finds Minerva and Medusa at the library of laughing books where they recite tragic tales from ancient myths to children during story hour.

    ReplyDelete