Sunday, September 20, 2026

Renegade Star Of Fate

Renegade Star Of Fate
© Surazeus
2026 09 20

While strolling down the busy city street 
past shiny stores filled with trinkets and clothes, 
I feel ancient spirit of Shamash glow 
from tangled turmoil of my pungent heart, 
so I organize our corporate empire, 
inspired by my renegade star of fate. 

Through fractured porcelain mask of plain beauty, 
I gaze at spotted pear of innocence 
to program formula from moral law 
which binds intense emotions of despair 
with time-unspooling grace of self-control, 
confused by my renegade star of fate. 

Paused in forgotten graveyard of sad ghosts, 
Ishtar lingers among rain-streaked tombstones 
from which all names and dates time has erased, 
then gazes up at tall trees of her faith 
to ask if I could record their lost tales, 
deterred by my renegade star of fate. 

Heart floating in breath of the misty moor 
as wordless thoughts she wishes were not hers, 
Ninhursag gestures magic of her hands 
that causes fruit to bloom from trees and hills 
then strolls with her lion to Eden Lake,  
defined by my renegade star of fate. 

While sweet Ninhursag bakes hot loaves of bread 
and Enki patrols Ocean of Tiamat, 
I climb Mount Dilmun to the Cave of Stars 
to contemplate political events 
that began when Marduk built new world state, 
contained by my renegade star of fate. 

For ten thousand years of our spinning globe 
I meditate on ziggurat of stars 
while watching empires rise and fall in waves 
of men fighting to write the narrative 
though all our stories crumble into dust, 
destroyed by my renegade star of fate. 

While Zeus plays chess with Anu over lands 
where humans cultivate gold wheat of faith, 
Adonis searches forest of pear trees, 
but finds Britannia bathing in the pool, 
so she bears his daughter, America, 
driven by my renegade star of fate. 

As Shamash reborn in this present life, 
I sing ten thousand years of memories 
that codify in moral tragedies 
universal laws of human respect 
that program how we fight the next world war, 
refined by my renegade star of fate. 



1 comment:

  1. Orpheus meets Shamash at the Crippled Pegasus Bookstore where they read their narrative poems about the gods of ancient history, then eat pad thai afterward.

    ReplyDelete