Saturday, September 19, 2026

Embodied Monster Of Fear

Embodied Monster Of Fear
© Surazeus
2026 09 19

Rain falls on head of every conscious soul 
who wanders maze of dreams on spinning globe 
alike with bland indifference of fate 
so all our love and hate dissolve to tears 
when we seek shelter under apple trees 
till we transform into angels of light. 

Because the moon howls at my aching heart 
with laughter that would banish from my mind 
mute agony at haunting doom of death, 
I camouflage my fear with helpless love 
that transforms into courage of despair 
as I glide cautiously in shadowed woods. 

Strange visions of ancestral memories 
flash bright in cold awareness of my brain 
as pattern that guides how I might perform 
evasive actions of attentive care 
to preserve structure of my pulsing soul 
when I face embodied monster of fear. 

Alert to sudden danger of fierce death, 
I fight against aggressive grasp of rage 
through lithe evasion of destructive strikes 
when I oppose demonic arrogance 
and kill the monster with intense respect 
as stark necessity to preserve life. 

Awake with effervescent nonchalance 
at hard-won victory against hungry rage, 
I mediate on hillock by the sea 
to feel soft murmur of star-sparkling waves 
soothe aching horror of my wounded heart 
so I bloom bright in shadowland of faith. 

If water lily in black lake of fear 
unclocks time back to primal state of faith, 
I may achieve secure respect of fame 
that curses my frail soul with ardent hope, 
which all disperse to meaningless unthought 
when I build temples from bones of dead gods. 

White sheet of wisdom on taut wire of faith 
escapes my back yard on angelic wings 
and flies to crystal palace where God plays 
harp of eternal truth that weaves my brain 
with memories of survival against death, 
programmed by my ancestors to be me. 

If I hear you call me in fog of dawn, 
I will turn mask of my psychotic ghost 
to answer your inquiry with bright smile 
for we are brave companions on the road 
of progress bound with loyal sign of love 
to translate song of rain to earnest poems. 



1 comment:

  1. Orpheus tends his wounds after killing the wolf that tried to attack his children as they played hide and seek outside the walls of paradise.

    ReplyDelete